14.4.2 AU_write Objects
AU_write objects, as returned by open() above, have the following
- Set the number of channels.
- Set the sample width (in bytes.)
- Set the frame rate.
- Set the number of frames. This can be later changed, when and if more frames are
- Set the compression type and description. Only
are supported on output.
- The tuple should be
(nchannels, sampwidth, framerate,
nframes, comptype, compname), with values valid
for the set*() methods. Set all parameters.
- Return current position in the file, with the same disclaimer for the AU_read.tell()
and AU_read.setpos() methods.
- Write audio frames, without correcting nframes.
- Write audio frames and make sure nframes is correct.
- Make sure nframes is correct, and close the file.
This method is called upon deletion.
Note that it is invalid to set any parameters after calling writeframes()