14.5.1 Wave_read Objects
Wave_read objects, as returned by open(), have the following
- Close the stream, and make the instance unusable. This is called automatically on
- Returns number of audio channels (
1 for mono,
- Returns sample width in bytes.
- Returns sampling frequency.
- Returns number of audio frames.
- Returns compression type (
'NONE' is the only supported type).
- Human-readable version of getcomptype(). Usually
- Returns a tuple
(nchannels, sampwidth, framerate,
nframes, comptype, compname), equivalent to
output of the get*() methods.
- Reads and returns at most n frames of audio, as a string of bytes.
- Rewind the file pointer to the beginning of the audio stream.
The following two methods are defined for compatibility with the aifc module, and don't do anything interesting.
- Raise an error.
The following two methods define a term ``position'' which is compatible between them,
and is otherwise implementation dependent.
- Set the file pointer to the specified position.
- Return current file pointer position.